Scheme of work for SS1
3rd term; Literature in English 2019/2020 Academic session.
1. Introduction to the text ” Look back in anger ” by John Osborne; setting and plot of the text.
2. Textual analysis of the text . Background of John Osborne.
3. Major characters in the text Jummy Porter, Alison Porter, Cliff Lewis, Helena Charles
4. Other characters;
Colonel Redfern, Hugh Tanner, Mrs Tamer, medeline.
5. Historical context of look back in anger.
6. Subject matter and themes of the text; Class conflict disillusionment and nostalgia gender, alienation and loneliness, dynamism.
7. Introduction of poetry; meaning, types.
8. Features of poetry; lines, stanzas, structure.
9. Figures of speech; classification, figure of comparison, sound and emphasis.
10. Introduction of the poem ” The leader and the led” by Niyi Osundare ” An African poem”
11. The background of the poet, poetic analysis and the themes of the poem.
12. Revision of termly work .
1. State the meanings of the following; a. Setting b. plot
2. Highlight on the textual analysis of ” let me die alone”
3. List the characters and their roles in the text .
Submit via WhatsApp : 08036120315.