JS 2 HOME ECONOMICS
DRAFTING THE BASIC SKIRT: DRAFTING THE FRONT
- Brown paper
- Skirt curve guide
- Tape rule
- Long ruler
- Paper scissors
- Front skirt length
- Waist line
- Hip line
- Hip depth
Buy the materials listed above and use it to draft pattern for both front skirt and back skirt with the following instruction. Using your body measurement.
- Start at point A and Measure line AB, skirt length (front).
- From A Measure AC equal to 1/4 waistline plus 2.5cm or 1 inch.
- From A Measure AD equal to 19 to 20cm or 7 1/2 to 8 inches.
This is the hill depth
- From D Measure DE equal to 1/4 hip Measurement.
- From E draw EF equal to DB and join B to F, thus DE = BF
- From A Measure AG equal to 8.8cm ( 3 1/2 inches) or 12.5cm (5 inches)
- From G Measure GH equal to 2.5cm or 1 inch
- Location center of GH to obtain I
- From I draw line IJ equal to 12.5cm or 5 inches. Length of IJ depends on prevailing fashion.
- Join G to J and H to J to obtain waist dart.
- Raise front at ( by 1.25cm or 1/2 inches to locate K)
- Join IK with a slight curve
- Join KE also with a slight curve using a skirt curve guide if available (French curve can be used)
- Beginning from F on line FE measure 1. 25 cm or 1/2 inche to obtain L.
- Locate centre of BF to obtain M so that BM = FM .
- Join L to M with a slight curve.
- Finally trace out front skirt AKELMBDA, trace out dart position GIHJE as well.
- To make skirt narrower, Measure 2. 5cm or 1 inch from L to locate L1 as shown in the figure above to join L1 to E.
Note – Back skirt length will be 2 inches longer than the front skirt length.
Download Document Here JS 2 HOME ECONOMICS
Submit at the school’s security post