Topic : Consonants sounds followed by /j/ and /u/.
MEANING OF CONSONANT SOUNDS.
The consonant sounds are those speech sounds that are usually produced while the organs of speech experience contacts between themselves.
LIST OF WORDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SOUND /j/ /u/.
SOUND /j/ /u/
- dew – /dju:/
- you – /ju:/
- view – /vju:/
- due – /dju:/
- cue – /kju:/
- new – /nju:/
- stew – /stju:/
- humid – /hju:mid/
- use – /ju:s/
- stupid – /stju:pid/
- unit – /ju:nit/
- argue – /a:gju:/
- hewed – /hju:d/
- 14. few – /fju:/
- 15. queue – /kju:/
MAKING FEW SENTENCES WITH THE WORDS.
- Chika left her clothes in the dew.
- That was stupid of you.
- She wants to view the film.
- She lost the baby due to her carelessness.
- John’s arrival was a cue for more campaign.
- I have a new dress.
- My mother made a delicious stew last night.
- The island is hit and humid in the climate.
- I want to use the restroom.
- That man is very stupid .
- Women were advised not to drink more than fourteen units of alcohol.
- I don’t want to argue with you.
- He hewed down the tree.
- There are a few books in this library about Literature.
- We had to queue at the ATM stand in order to withdraw our money.
- Articulate the sound /j/ /u/.
- List five (5) words associated with the sound and make five sentences with each of the word.
Download Document Here English Language SS 1
Submit via WhatsApp to 0806 067 1900, or at the school’s security post