Scheme of work for SS2
3rd Term; Literature in English 2019/2020. Academic session.
1. Introduction of the text ” Let me die alone. Setting and plot of the text . The playwright; John kolosa kargbo.
2. Analysis of the setting and plot vis-a-vis textual analysis.
3. Major characters such as madam Yoko , Gbanya , Ndapi, Lamboi, Jilo
4. Other characters; Governor; Dr Samuel Rowe, Lasana , Jeneba, Sande dancers and others.
5. Subject matter of the text .
Gender issues, colonial interference, power tussle, quest for power, lust and it’s effect.
6. Description of characters, roles of characters in the text.
7. Dramatic techniques used in the text; symbolism, imagery, flashback, foreshadow, diction, structure etc
8. Introduction of the poem ” Bat” by D. H Lawrence.
Presentation of the poem Bat.
Background of the poet
D. H Lawrence
9. Poetic devices
A. Structure, diction, figures of speech used.
10. Subject matter and themes of the text.
11. Memorization of the poem ” Bat ” by D. H Lawrence by the students.
Week 1 Assignment
1. What is setting?
Discuss the setting of ” let me die alone”
2. Highlight on the textual analysis of the text.
Submit via WhatsApp : 08036120315