THIRD TERM SCHEME FOR JSS 2
1. Reading _ reading for speed.
2. Writing : Argumentative essay on related topics (eg) “peace in the community”, Examination malpractice etc.
3. Listening and speaking : Revision of sounds, the consonant sounds /f/, /v/, /z/
4. Speeches (intonation, stress and rhythms).
5. Grammar : Types of adverbials and construction of sentences using adverbials.
6. Reading for summary
7. Listening and speaking : consonant sounds /s/,/h/,/m/,/n/
8. Speeches : Question tags.
9. Grammar : Tense (types of tense _ present, past, and future), sentence construction on tenses.
10. Active and Passive voice.
THIRD TERM SCHEME FOR SS1
1. Vocabulary Development : Words associated with religion.
2. Oracy Skills – Consonant followed by /j/ and /u/ sounds such as dew, you, view, due, cue, new etc.
3. Reading comprehension : Reading to identify the writers mood, tone and purpose. etc
4. Listening comprehension : Listening for summary through identification of key words etc.
5. Writing for communication : Letter writing ; semi-formal letter, meaning, format, address etc
6. Vocabulary Development : Antonyms as words
(i) Exactly opposite in meaning
(ii) Nearly opposite in meaning
7. Oracy Skills : Words of three syllables stressed on first, second, or third syllables __ words of four syllables, stressed on first, second or third syllables.
8. Literary Skills – writing for communication _ record keeping.
9. English Grammar – Structural patterns _ complex tense form.
10. English Grammar _ structural patterns —phrasal verbs l
phrasal verbs ll