SS 2 Computer/ Data Processing
Topic: Tools for information processing (Presentation Package)
What are presentation package?
Presentation packages are a category of application programs used to create sequences of words and pictures that tell a story or help support a speech or public presentation of information.
Presentation software can be divided into business presentation software and General multimedia authoring tools, with some products having characteristics of both.
* Business software emphasis and quickness of learning and use.
* Multimedia authoring software enables you to create a more sophisticated presentation that includes audio and video sequences.
Business presentation software usually enables you to include images and sometimes audio and video developed with other tools.
Uses of presentation package
- In classroom: presentation packages are used in an educational setting to teach a lesson or concept or to present information or a procedure to students in a workshop or seminar.
The following makes use of presentation packages in different aspects
* Teachers can use presentation software to create and organize effective presentations for small groups, entire classes, and web based viewing. Presentation Packages may contain graphics digital photos, animation and sound.
* Students use presentation packages to create presentations that demonstrate what they have learned in a given subject, area or to showcase the findings of a research assignment.
- Church services: Power point presentations are frequently used to set a spiritual tone during church services, and can assist a congregation with hymn lyrics, Bible scriptures, graphics elements or photographic images to illustrate a sermon.
- Presentation packages are used in creation of e-books, to create customized and branded presentation.
- Used for slide library, cloud-based analytics, also ability to conduct web meeting, connects to sales force etc.
- Electronic portfolio, Designers and artists who wish to showcase their work to garner new clients or interest in their art can use power point to create a cohesive and polished electronic portfolio.
- Presentation packages are also used for interactive advertising photo/boot / testimonial recording booth
Components of presentation packages
- Slide: this can contain any mixture of text, images, video, animation, links and sound
- Animation effect: this allow the various elements on each slide to appear after a certain amount of time or when a presenter a button.
- Slide master:- this allows the style (font, font size, background) to he set once and then used throughout the presentation.
- Transition:- This is how the presentation software moves, the display of one slide to another. Transition usually include dissolving from one slide to the next or vise versa.
- Slide notes: When these are used the presenter will see the current slide and any notes associated with it on his/ her display and the audience will see just the slide on another screen or from a projector.
Examples of presentation packages include
* Microsoft power point
* Lotus freelance graphics
* Adobe persuasion
* Asymetrix compel
* Corel presentation etc.
In our next class is going to be practical. So watch out.
DOWNLOAD DOCUMENT HERE: SS 2 COMPUTER NOTES