Jss1 THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE,(2019/2020)
1) Meaning of weeds.-Examples of weeds, -characteristics of weeds,etc.
2)Uses and harmful effects of weeds.
3) methods of weeds control.Examples are mechanical/physical, chemical,
cultural, biological methods.
4) Effects of weed control methods on the soil, vegetation and environment.
5) Meaning of pest.Examples of pests.Goat,sheep etc.
6)Types of pests
7) Methods of pest control
Mechanical/physical, chemical, cultural, biological,lntegratedand lntegrated pest management.
8)Factors of Agricultural Production like land,capital,etc.
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE ASSIGNMENT FOR JSS1.
1)Define the term weed.
2) List ten examples of common weeds.
3) write the botanical name of each of the following common weeds,
I) Elephant grass
4) Write at least Six characteristics of weeds.
Assignment to be submitted on or before Thursday 14th of May 2020 at the security post between 08:00am to 10:00am