JSS 1 3rd term scheme
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
- THE DIRECTOR
- COSTUME AND MAKE – UP IN DRAMA
- DEFINITION OF DANCE
- INTRODUCTION TO CHOREOGRAPHY
- CONTEMPORARY DANCE
- TEAMWORK AND SENSE OF BELONGING
- CONSEQUENCES OF USING FAKE AND ADULTERATED GOODS
- GOVERNMENT AGENCIES THAT FIGHT THE PRODUCTION AND SALE OF FAKE AND
JSS 1 CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
TOPIC: PLAYWRITING: Playwriting is the art of writing plays for the theatre, television or radio. One who does this is known as a playwright or dramatist. He equally writes dramatic literature or drama.
CATEGORIES OF PLAYWRIGHT
1. classical ( universal) playwrights – These were the earliest playwright in western literature with surviving works. Such traditions were relating to Ancient Greeks. These early plays were written for annual Athenian competitions. Examples of classical playwrights are Euripides, Sophocles, Aristophanes and Aeschylus.
2. Modern playwrights- These people improved on the classical and made impact in the literary world.
3. Contemporary playwrights- These are the present day playwrights, doing well but are not able to reach the same level of fame or cultural importance of their predecessors because they have the film and television to compete with for audience.
Assignment : Read up and list the duties of a play director.
Submit Assignment via WhatsApp on : 08037301450