Common methods of internet access by users include dial- up with a computer modem via telephone circuits, WiFi, satellite and cellular telephone technology. The internet may often be accessed from computers in the libraries and internet Cyber Cafe. The full meaning of INTERNET is International Network.
WHAT IS INTERNET? Internet is refers to a global network that connects the computers across the globe, the name international network is appropriate which is the interconnected network of all the web servers world wide. Internet is network of networks
Who owns the internet? No one actually owns the internet and no single person or organization controls the internet in it’s entirety. The internet is more of a physical infrastructure that connects networks to other networks.
Is web and internet the same? The internet is not the same with world wide web. The internet is a massive network of networks while the world wide web is a way of accessing information over the medium of the internet. It is an information sharing model that is built on top of the internet.
BROWSE ON THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF INTERNET, USES OF INTERNET. SEE YOU ON MONDAY SAME TIME SAME STATION.
ALL SAINTS, FOR THE BEST
SS1: COMPUTER/DATA PROCESSING
TOPIC: TOOLS FOR INFORMATION PROCESSING
SUB TOPIC: WORD PROCESSING
INTRODUCTION: Word processing is a term that means using a computer to create, edit, and print documents. While word processors are programs such as Microsoft word, word perfect. they allow the user to create almost any concievable type of writing format, such as essays, business letters, random notes etc. They also give you the ability to write in different fonts, Colours, writing formats and everything else you need to create whatever it is you need.
Examples of word processors
- Microsoft word
- Ability write
- Word perfect
- Word pad
- Note Pad etc.
Features of Word processors
- Insert text
- Delete text 3. Cut and paste 4. Copy 5. Search and replace 6. Word wrap 7. Printer 8. File management 9. Font specifications 10. Graphics 11. Header and footers 12. Merge 13. Thesaurus 14. Spelling checker etc.
Advantages of word processors
- Correction can easily be made to your work
- You can save your work for future use.
- You can make use of many features available
- You can edit your work I as many times as possible.
You can import data from a database or spreadsheet.
- You need to have access to a computer which has word processing software
- It takes time to learn how to use the program effectively
- If you want to write something down quickly, it can take more time to switch the computer.
People can become reliant on the spell checker.
Using internet and textbook (New basic Data Processing) STUDY EXCEL SPREADSHEET, USES OF SPREADSHEET, ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF SPREADSHEET. (Tools for information processing)