WEEK 2: HOME ECONOMICS
CLASS: JSS 2
TOPIC: BASIC BODY MEASUREMENTS FOR GIRLS AND LANDMARKS
1. BURST:- Is round the fullest part of the chest
2. Waist:- waist is round the smallest part of the trunk.
3. Hip:- is round the largest part of the body below the waist.
4. Length of back (bodice):- this is from base of the neck (nape) to the waist.
5. Across back:- from armhole seam to armhole seam over shoulder blade.
6. Across the chest:- from one under arm to the other across.
7. Skirt length (back):- from the center back to the desired point on the leg of the Hem
8. Skirt length (front):- from the center front waist to the desired point on the leg of the Hem.
9. Hip depth:- measure vertically the distance between where the waist and hip measurements are taken.
MEASUREMENT FOR BOYS
1. Neck:- measure round/ fullest part of the neck
2. Chest:- around the body directly under the arms and across the top of the breast.
3. Sleeve length:- Measure from point of shoulder to elbow and from elbow to wrist bone.
4. Trouser length:- from the waist to the ankle, making sure that the correct shoe is worn.
5. Long or full sleeve length:- from the shoulder bone to the elbow with arm slightly bent.
6. Elbow length (sleeve):- from the shoulder bone to the elbow with arm slightly bent.
Make a sample of your body MEASUREMENTS and tabulate it in this format
Skirt length Hip. Waist. Nape to waist. Cross back front chests. Shoulder width. Sleeve head to wrist. Hip depth.
Note: do not Measure yourself instead get someone to Measure you.
Download Here Jss 2 Home ec. notes with Assignment