TOPIC: READING FOR SPEED.
Reading for speed means the rate at which a person or someone reads.
CONDITIONS FOR SPEED READING.
The condition for speed reading are
(1) Good eye sight _ Your eyes must be in a good condition.
(2) Avoid word vocalization during reading.
(3) Do not digress while reading.
(4) Increase eyes span while reading and read phrases instead of words. This means that you should focus on and read in group of words rather than word by word.
TECHNIQUES OF SPEED READING.
The techniques of speed reading are:
- Surveying : This means looking carefully at the whole of something /passage in order to get the general impression of it.
- Scanning : This means reading rapidly, in order to find a specific fact.
- Skimming : This means reading a passage or something quickly, noting only the important point, information, or main points.
HOW TO ANSWER QUESTIONS CORRECTLY
In order to answer questions correctly, the student should read the passage first, then read the questions and re-read the passage, this time putting into consideration the questions asked and answer correctly.
Read with speed, page 130 and 131 of New Concept English for junior secondary schools Book 2 and answer the questions from Numbers 1-10.
Download here JSS 2 – Reading for speed
Play audio here
Submit via WhatsApp to 0806 067 1900