WEEK 2 HOME ECONOMICS JSS 1
TOPIC: PREPARATION OF HOME MADE CLEANING AGENTS
MAKING HOME MADE FURNITURE POLISH.
28gm candle wax
8 gm bar soap
7 ml, Bolling water
7 ml turpentine or kerosene
- Grate the wax and soap.
- Place the grated mixture in an enamel pot
- Pour the boiling water over the mixture
- Stand the pot in boiling water and allow the content to melt.
- Beat the melted mixture thoroughly into a cream using a wooden spoon.
- Add turpentine gradually and keep beating until it is perfectly blended.
- Store in a good container and label properly.
Use the material and procedure to make furniture Polish and submit to the gate man at school gate.
Guidelines for the use of the cleaning agents and materials.
- Choose the correct cleaning agents or materials for an article to be cleaned
- Read labels and direction on both the agent and the items to cleaned before using.
- Follow the directions carefully.
- Avoid wastage
- Store cleaning agents and materials properly away from the reach of children.
- Label all cleaning agents properly to prevent mistakes and possible harzardous consequences.
- Do not place packet of the cleaning agents on wet drafting boards.
- Cover the cleaning agents properly, eg. Bleach bottles.
- Be careful when using inflammable stain removers.
Download Document Here WEEK 2 HOME ECONOMICS FOR JSS 1